Head Start is a comprehensive child development program for preschool age children. Priority consideration is given to children of low income families. The Head Start program provides not only for the educational needs of children but also for their social, emotional, health and nutritional requirements. Head Start recognizes the major role of the family in child development and gives parents an opportunity to learn about the needs of their children and to be involved in program planning and policy making.
- There is no cost to parents
- Transportation is provided to and from the center
- A hot lunch, breakfast or snack are served daily to all children
- Class times are Monday through Thursday, 8:15 AM – 11:45 AM and 11:45 AM – 3:15 PM
- Class size is limited to seventeen children with two teachers and a teacher assistant for each class
- Qualified teachers and trained teacher assistants guide and instruct children on an individual basis or in small groups
- A nurse and mental health consultant offer services to children and families
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR HEAD START?
- Children from low income families
- Children who are 3 years old by December 1st
- Children who live in the Phelps-Clifton Springs and Manchester-Shortsville area
OCP CLIFTON SPRINGS HEAD START DIRECTOR: SHARON MCINROY
My Name is Sharon McInroy. I have recently been appointed this distinction after working for Our Children’s Place since October of 2010. I started as a Preschool and School Age Coordinator. At this position I was responsible for the implementation and overall success of these programs. From here I became the Program Coordinator where I deepened family and child connections for all programs at OCP. As the School Age Director I oversee a youthful and vibrant program of children ranging from 5 years old to 12 years.
I received my Bachelor’s Degree and teaching certificate in Unified Elementary Education from Keuka College in 2001. I taught for eight years at Hillside Children’s Center as an eighth grade special education teacher. From here I taught one year at South Seneca Central School District. I then went on to receive my Masters Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration from Jones International University. I am blessed with two beautiful children and a wonderful husband.
Come join the fun today!
Funded by the Department of Health and Human Services. A Delegate Agency of Geneva Head Start.